Pack, but please leave the baggage behind

I'm sitting in a hotel room here in Wyoming while the rest of my family sleeps, just thinking about the course that my life has taken in the last 2-2.5 years or so.
It has been a whirlwind of pain, loss, horror, heartbreak, but ultimately, victory.

I could entertain you with every single raw detail, and I probably would find some sort of satisfaction in exposing the truths in my life, but I simply don't have the time or energy to relive these moments. This post is not about complaining about my woes or the wrongs that have been done to me. Instead, this post is about leaving all of this baggage behind.

There are very few people outside of my family who know my heart, and who have stood by side during my personal trials. To those of you, I just want to say, I love you and I could've never made it without your prayers and words of encouragement. Without you, I would have lost my mind.

Thank you, Jesus. You are amazing. Thank you for placing these beacons of hope and love in my life. Thank you for speaking to me, and giving me the boldness and strength to keep moving forward. Your mercies are new every morning.
Phillipians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."


I find it strange to think that this time a year ago, I was just returning from a youth mission trip to Switzerland/Liechtenstein and now I am embarking on a completely new adventure. I am leaving all of my family and friends behind, and moving to Texas.
For those of you who know me, I am very much a "Type A" personality...or at least I was. I plan everything; I calculate pros and cons, I make charts...I STRESS.
I almost never make a decision that doesn't make logical or financial sense.
For the first time in my life, I do not have a plan.
I have no idea what will happen in Texas.
I am completely trusting in God, and knowing that he has a reason for sending me. I am confidently jumping into the unknown without any contingency plans whatsoever, knowing that I will find a safe landing.

So here I am, sitting in a hotel room in the middle of Wyoming, ending day 2 of the road trip that will inevitably alter the course of the rest of my life.
It's time for a fresh start.

Comments

Popular Posts