Bits and Crumbs

I'M BAAAAAACKKK! It has been brought to my attention, by my friend Toby, that I have not posted anything in 5 weeks. To anyone who cares, I sincerely apologize. I am not going to begin listing the very many excuses I have for not writing in 5 weeks, but just know that I have been busy finishing up my first term at the very strange, but always interesting Portland Community College. On that note, let's dig in!

Ah, 5 weeks. Many things have happened in the past 5 weeks. In fact, I probably don't remember everything that has taken place, but I will try to recall the most interesting and entertaining moments (I'm keeping things fairly limited to my school life so that things don't get too personal, OK?). So I found out that  I truly do suck at math, and that Writing is my strongest suit. Who would've guessed? I also found out that my math teacher is a bit loco and way too tough; the fact that I am going to pass his class is a miracle in itself. He's from England, and apparently he worked for NASA, as well as some other big deal research deals in the UK. He's a smart guy; too bad he thinks belittling students and failing us on tests for no apparent reason is a good teaching style. He's not a terrible person, he's actually sort of likable...just not as a teacher. Yeah, I don't recommend taking Robin McLeod as a math instructor at PCC unless you are already a genius in math and understand everything without instruction. My Business class is interesting, but I am just a terrible test-taker. You know what really makes me angry? The fact that I can sit in class, pay full attention, take excellent notes, study and get a B on every test when a couple of students who NEVER show up to class can get a 95% or higher on every single exam. That makes me furious. Writing class is an easy A, the teacher is great...the students on the other hand.... let's not even get started. I've met a few interesting people here, but I have to admit that I miss the close bond that I had with people in high school. College is just not the same, people aren't here to make friends, they have a busy lifestyle which is most likely the reason why they are attending school here. It seems like you barely scratch the surface, and then the term is over and the relationship is gone. That to me, is a little bit off-putting.

Guys check me out a lot more now that I am in college, but it's creepy. I wish I knew some ninja moves because that would be awesome. A couple weeks ago, I was wearing a very "Portland-esque" outfit. I had a plaid shirt, jean skirt, boots and a baggy beret (it's more like a beanie hat), I was walking up to the Library when I heard friendly laughter behind me. I turned around and asked the dude what was so funny. He replied with, "Aw, I was just thinking that that hat really pulls that outfit together". My response: "Umm..thanks?". I wasn't sure if he was trying to compliment or diss me, because it felt more like an insult on account of his laughter. I had a very bizarre encounter with a fellow Hilhi graduate a few weeks ago (I will not mention his name). I didn't know him particularly well, but I knew who he was. This kid was always a bit odd but I really didn't realize the extent of the oddity. I was in the cafeteria looking for something to eat as I awaited my mother's arrival (yes, I still get dropped off and picked up by my mom...MY CAR DOESN'T WORK!), when I saw this kid from my graduating class. I was friendly, I made small-talk, but I really just wanted to eat my food. I sat down, and he asked if he could join me. Ok, not a big deal. Then he starts asking me why I am only now beginning at PCC. I told him my whole nightmare story about the Art Institute of Portland, when he reaches into his backpack and pulls out a notebook. He begins to tell me that he has these ideas for a sci-fi/ fantasy book series, which will eventually become major motion pictures as well as video games. He then asks me if I would like to work on the  artwork for these projects as a video game designer. Ummm...what? I never said I could do video game art. I was only at the Art Institute for a week, and I was there for Graphic Design! Because I am a very stupid person, I said I would only do one character, and that it would be in the form of a painting. That appeased him and he went on his merry, but cuckoo, way. I started to feel more and more uncomfortable with the idea of encouraging such illusions of grandeur and finally decided to send him a message saying that I was pressed for time and that it just wouldn't be able to help out, but that I wished him luck. He has been avoiding me like the plague ever since.There are many more weird stories, but it's been a while, and I tend to forget things.

I am currently registered for Spring term and will be taking finals pretty much all of next week. I don't know what my plans are after Spring term, but that's okay. I think it's just best if I live life one day at a time. I have enough stress as it is. I need a working, reliable, yet cheap car ASAP, I am looking for a job, and I have bills to pay. Whoever said being an adult was something to look forward to was a dirty, rotten liar. Anyways, I think this is enough for now. I'll try to update this blog more often than I have been. I hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

Comments

Popular Posts