7 Day Juice Cleanse: Day 2

Let me just start off by saying that I slept like a baby last night. I also wasn't quite as groggy upon waking up and getting out of bed. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I have a very difficult time sleeping at night. I'm up every couple hours and wake up feeling more exhausted than I did when I first went to sleep. 

Today I drank the juices in a more logical order. I had the fruit juice for breakfast, the mix (fruits and veggies) for lunch and the veggie juice for dinner. 

I had a harder time drinking the juices today, particularly the first meal of the day. The fruit juice really threw me off with the strong veggie smell, but fruity taste. However, once I drank my "breakfast", I felt full and it gave me the energy I needed to make it until lunch. Normally at work, I'm groggy and I'm falling asleep, and I have to listen to music on spotify just to keep my eyes open. I did not even open my spotify today. I didn't need it. I felt alert.

After my "lunch", I felt so great and energized. That energy lasted me well until about 7pm in the evening, when I started to feel a little sleepy. I had so much energy after I came home from work, that I even endeavored to clean my room!

"Dinner" juice (veggies) was really difficult for me to drink, as this is my very least favorite of the three juice combos. I really took my sweet time finishing the 16 oz vile concoction, but I did feel good after drinking it.

Some side effects of the detox process: 
• living in the restroom
• my skin is breaking out a bit on my forehead
• my under eye circles are very, very dark
• an intense (and oddly specific) craving for a stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut.

I also just finished watching a documentary about juicing on Netflix called, "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead". It was the perfect motivation to help me stick with this for as long as I can. 

I'm realizing that it's really all about detoxing (re-booting) and taking care of your body, and then continuing a healthy lifestyle after all of the fast food/ processed food cravings are gone. I'm really pushing for a permanent change and preventative care. Diabetes runs on both sides of my family, as does obesity. I have had my fair share of health problems including asthma, fainting, insomnia, and a pretty bad bout of acne in recent years (my skin is in the healing process and MUCH improved from even a few months ago). My personal journey to start changing my diet habits and lifestyle started maybe about 6-7 months ago. I have learned a lot in the process, but this is just another piece to the puzzle that will hopefully lead me to a healthy future. Also, you learn a lot about yourself when you are fighting the urge to eat solid foods! 

Comments

Popular Posts