7 Day Juice Cleanse: Day 7

So I actually wrote a whole post about yesterday and somehow the whole thing ended up deleted.

Yesterday was the 7th day of the juice cleanse, and I decided that 2 juices on this day would be good, since I ate a meal on Friday and Saturday night. I figured that I was still getting all of the great micronutrients from the juice and I say 2 juices a day is pretty good. I had a breakfast and lunch juice and then went out to dinner with a group after church. I had soup and salad. I really really enjoyed the salad. 

In case you all were curious, here is a picture of my juices (breakfast, lunch and dinner from left to right)

I ended up with three left over juices due to the eaten dinners and decided that I would finish this juices off today.

Here is my take away from this experience: it's all about balance. I have realized just how many processed and sugar riddled foods I was eating. I also realized that your body doesn't crave that junk when you are inputting the right nutrients with fruits and veggies. 
With that being said, I'm not going to beat myself up if I decide to have a slice of pizza or a chocolate bar, or whatever the case may be. I am however going to focus on getting a balanced diet and inputting a lot more organic fruits and veggies, and stay away from convenience foods as much as I possibly can. If I slip up, it's ok! More veggies the next day! Processed foods, fast foods and sugars are not the devil if you are having them in moderation. Obviously, don't binge and don't have them on a daily basis. It's all about balance and placing the focus on the healthy foods. 

So far day 8 is going well, I will update later.




Comments

Popular Posts